as it's Sunday (funday) I though to try out a recipe, which I've seen in soooo many tutorials on different channels and magazines/books but never ever tried it out - until now: Red Wine Spaghetti, which I scented with fresh thyme (as thyme is my fav' absolutely fav' herb on earth!):
1-2 portions uncooked spaghetti
1 bottle red wine (0.25l)
1-2 glass of still fresh water
1 clove of garlic
1 small french onion
1-3 thyme branches
1 tsp. rapeseed oil
1. Cut the garlic clove and french onion into small squares/pieces.
2. Pour the 2 glasses of fresh water (if you're tap water is good quality you can use it too:)), red wine into the pan.
3. Add the fine cut onion, garlic glove with the thyme and let it start boiling.
4. Add the uncooked spaghetti into the boiling red wine brew and stir it, let it cook until it's "Al dente".
5. Serve it, with a hint of rapeseed oil and decorate it with a fresh thyme.
6. Bon Appétit
I've not know, that a simple spaghetti dish can turn into a unique flavour with red wine, this is absolutely an idea for a new years eve dinner too!