as I love to bake (each time I'm stressed out, and it's very often during the last weeks of this year!!!!), I though to try some Autumn inspired leave cookies with dark chocolate pieces:
Old moon cookie cutter, Ann Clark Maple Leaf Cookie Cutter* - $ 5.99
Basically you can use a pre-made dough like the "Mürbteig with dark chocolate chunks" by Spar (here) or you just make it from scratch with one of your fav' Mürbteig recipes, like the one below.
Ingredients for the "easy" Mürbteig dough, where you just add the little dark chocolate chunks:
200 g flour (soft white)
1 tsp. salt
75g sugar (prefered powder/icing sugar, but you can use cristal sugar too)
1 medium egg
125g cold butter
Optional: vanilla extract, choco chunks
How to prepare the dough:
1. Put the flour into a bowl, add the salt and make a hole into the middle of the flour. Add now the sugar into the hole and the egg.
2. Blend everything well and add in small pieces the cold butter. Blend again everything well together until you will receive a smooth dough. Simply use your hands to knead the mixture into a perfect Mürbteig cookie dough.
3. If you would like to create the choco version of this simply old fashioned Mürbteig dough just add the chocolate chunks carefully under the dough.
4. Let the dough chil for 2-4 hours in your fridge (not freezer!)
5. Make sure you create enough space on your kitchen desk or on your dining table (like I used to, 'cause my mum's kitchen isn't big enough to use the cooking desk). Prepare yourself a bowl of flour, baking paper, baking sheet and a rolling pin. As an alternative to a rolling pin you can use a straight drink glass, which isn't too thin (as you won't get injured while preparing wonderful cookies!)
6. Bake the dough at approx. 200-230 celsius degrees 10-15 min.. The grade as well as minutes really depends on your type of oven, whether it heats up very quickly or not.
They are perfect for a cup of milk coffee, tea or just simply with a cup of hot punch:)!
Ann Clark's cookie cutters comes in different shapes, for all kind of seasons, just perfect for all occasions you need:)