Tuesday, 18 November 2014

ALKOVEN KINDERGARDEN - St. Martin Lantern Feast

Hi guys:),

this is a short post about a very private (proud aunt) moment in my life;)! A day before I've start my journey to the UK I've visited my nephew Luca's lantern feast in his kindergarden in Alkoven (Upper Austria):


As it was not the main kindergarden lantern feast but more a creche (for smaller kids - more toodler) lantern feast - they've learned just 2 songs and the main one was "Ich geh' mit meiner Laterne" (Translation: I go with my lantern) - which all of us learned in the kindergarden (I too;))


If you're from the US or Britain or even from a country who don't celebrate St. Martin as much as in Austria or Germany - here's a sample of the popular child song "Ich geh' mit meiner Laterne" (HERE) Or for all grown-up child - here's the adult version sung by the great guys from The Baseballs (HERE)


All kids/toodlers received after the walk a gingerbread candle and the teachers told them a poem about how to share their things, that everyone would get a piece - and guess what happen....

(.that makes my sis' and all of us really proud!;))

After a while all parents, grandpa's, grandma's, aunts and uncles sat and chat a bit and have eaten some homemade baked goods or drunk coffee/tea etc.;)


These are the little moments, which you are happy to share and to experience in your life when you're grown up or just a proud aunt as I'm;)! I really enjoy such family moments and hope you're having such amazing time with your family too!;)

Wish you all a great night!

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment