Saturday, 25 August 2012

Afternoon Tea - Part 1

Hi guys,

I'm back with my (long time ago, I've inform you about my planned A.T. Tutorial:-)) British Afternoon Tea  Tutorial and all you'll need - here:




For the Cranberry-Shortbread:
1-2 tablespoon Bourbon Vanilla sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder/natron, 1 teaspoon of salt,  1 pack of organic dried cranberries (yummy:)), 2 cups of whole weat/cake flour (or what you'll like to use:-)), 3 tablespoon of brown sugar or 3 tablespoon of agave nectar and of course butter (1-2 sticks/I don't know I think 100g butter).

How you've to prepare the dough:
Give the butter (the butter must be lightly soft) into a middle large bowl and blend it for 2 min. until fluffy (fluffy:-)) and then you've to add all your dry ingrediences, at last you'll add through a hand sieve the flour,  which is mixed with the natron or baking powder and a teaspoon of salt.

Blend it with your own hands/fingers until you'll get a good texture/stiffness and if you've reached this point, you'll have to form small balls in your hands and press each these small balls to small discs - like you'll see on my pic above.

Preheat your oven at 350 degrees and put it on a baking sheet and bake it until their golden (max. 13 min.).

Voila - your cranberry shortbread is ready for your next teatime hour:-)


For the pumpkin pie (I've used the recipe from LEON Baking Book: "Backing & Puddings/" Backen Herzhaft & Süß", which I've got from the DUMONT german book publishing to try their recipes out - the book is really well to read and easy to bake by yourself:-))

What you'll need:

450g pumkin puree, 3 organic eggs, 100g creme double or light/nonfat condensed milk, 150g cane sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnemon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon star anise, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, lightly grated/grounded ginger, black pepper, 1 portion shortcrust or 250g supermarket/grocer ready shortcrust.

How you'll do your own pie crust:
200g cake flour,  1 touch of salt, 75g butter, 2 1/2 tablespoon cold water

1. Sieve with an hand sieve your flour and salt into a bowl and add the butter. Work your butter through the flour and blend it until you'll reach crumble mixture.

2. Add the 2 1/2 tablespoon cold water to the dough and blend it until you'll reach an elastic, soft dough.

3. Put your dough into a plastic wrap and put it in your fridge for maybe 30min., your dough is ready for the pie:-)

How you'll do the pie:

1. Preheat your oven at 180C or 350 degrees .

2. Mix all ingrediences togehter in a large bowl, but don't forget without the fresh grounded ginger.
(the pumpkin pie will be more fluffy/softer if your pumpkin puree is more soft blended:-))

3. Taste your pumpkin filling, now you can add your ginger and a light touch of black pepper if you want:-)

4. Roll your ready/or fridge chilled shortcrust in a pie form (23cm inch) out and cut the overlaying crust (which will came out of the pie form) away and fill the pumpkin filling into the crust/pie form. Bake for ca. 35min. until your pie filling has stacked.

5. Leave the pie until it is really chilled in your pie form and serve this amazing autumn afternoon treat with a big portion of cream with vanilla sugar, or vanilla ice cream or as I do without only with tea and a cranberry shortbread cookie:-)

I hope you've enjoyed my first part of "British Afternoon Tea" and hope that you'll read also my next posts.

I'll also say that the dried cranberries from MARAP are really highquality and they really good tasted (I've also eat some from the package:-)) but as you'll see on this pic - I've tried also some other tasty dried fruits/nuts from Marap:-):



What I've tasted:
1 pack of dried watermelons, 1 pack of dried honey melons, 1 pack of organic Sugar Almonds, 1 pack of bio/organic Orlando almonds from Sicily, 1 pack of dried organic cranberries and 1 pack of organic Quinoa vegetable pot

My product review (as I've received this product package one week ago - I've not tasted all until now:-):

1. Bio-Leben organic Cranberries - they are really soft and tasty and really good for baking - like my Cranberry shortbread cookies:-) - I would buy it, I think that I've bought it last year - yeah they are really good:-)

2. Pearls of Samarkand Organic Sugar Almonds - they are my fav of all until now:-) No really, they are the perfect snack/dessert if you've enough of your healthy lifestyle and they are healthy in a kind of way:-) - You don't have to eat them all at once, but if you're like me you'll not leave them 1-2 days - to tasty:-)

3. Pearls of Samarkand Organic dried watermelons, I've never though that a watermelon could be dried, but of course it's a really sweet and chewy texture and I like it, but for me it's too sweet - but that's also a really good snack for summer - better then chocolate:-)

4. Pearls of Samarkand Organic dried honeymelon, I don't have tasted this treat until now, because when I've opened the package - the smell I don't really like it - it's a strange smell, you maybe know how a vegetable stock smells like, I think it's the same:-) I also don't really like how it looks like in the package, look:

(I don't want to make the product of this brand bad, but it really doesn't look like a dried honey melon and the smell is terrible and I wan't definetly not try it!!!!)

What did you think????

5. Bio Fairtrade Quinoa vegetable pot - I'll make a review the next time, but I'm really satisfied with the product how it looks like and it seems to be really yummy:-)

6. Pearls of Samarkand organic Orlando almonds from Sicily - they are really tasty and they are sooo fresh - it seems like if I would be now in Sicily - really yummy:-) I've put some on my pumpkin pie - as decoration and extra flavour kick:-)

You see that I've really a positive reaction of Marap organic dried fruit/nut products, only the honeymelon one - seems to be strange:-)

If you're interested to search for some dried fruits/nuts on their site here: http://www.marap.at/home.html

I hope you've enjoyed my post and see you.

NIKA

No comments:

Post a Comment